terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2018

PHRASAL VERBS


Write down - anotar

"She wrote down every word the teacher said."

Find out - descobrir/ achar

"I found out what was troubling her"

Grow up - crescer

"I'm going to be an engineer when I grow up."

Dive off - escapar de/ mergulhar

"She dived off a rock into the sea."

Fall in love - apaixonar-se

"He falls in love with each new secretary."

Be in touch with - comunicar-se/ ter noticias

"I haven't been in touch with my friends from High School."

Keep-in touch - manter contato

"Keep in touch with me when you return to France."

Look for - procurar

"I looked for my lenses but I couldn't find them."

Go back - voltar

"Let's go back for a minute to what we were talking about earlier."

Get along with - relacionar-se/ entender-se

"The children just cannot get along together."

Hit it off - entender-se bem

"We hit it off as soon as we met."

End up - acabar

"I knew that he would end up in prison."

Drift apart - separar-se

"European and Brazilian politics seem to be drifting apart."

Count-on - esperar apoio

"They count on their parents for leadership and love."

Be up to - estar a fim de

"I'm up to go out."

Take care - cuidar-se

"Take care or you will fall."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Be: Present simple