sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2018

PRESENT SIMPLE








Here are some examples of be in the Present Simple:

          This is my brother . He's ten years old.
          I'm a student. These are my books.
          They aren't at home. They're at the theatre.



     >In speech, we usually use the short forms:

          She's my sister.         He's my brother.
          I'm from Italy.          They're German.

     >>We use be:

     >To say who we are:
          I'm Steve and this is my friend Bill. We're from Scotland.
          I'm Janet and these are my sisters. This is Sandra and this is Patricia. Sandra and Patricia are doctors.
    
     >To talk about the weather:
          
          It's cold today.                 
          It's a beautiful day.
          It's usually hot here.
          It isn't very warm today.

      >To talk about the time:
           
           It's ten o'clock.
           It's half past four.
           You're late!

       >To talk about places:
           
           Milan is in the north of Italy.
           John and Mary are in Yorkshire.
            
       >To talk about people's ages:
           
           My sister is six years old.








Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Be: Present simple